Loksound Select Direct – #397-54700
This decoder is identical to ESU’s 73700 except that is is Version 4.0.
Having trouble trying to decide what decoder will fit in your favorite engine? Now with the LokSound Select Direct Decoder your troubles are over! The Select Direct was designed to fit as a DIRECT replacement for many modern lighting boards including Athearn Genesis, Atlas, Bowser-Stewart, and Intermountain.
The LokSound Select Direct is a versatile DCC & DC “Dual Mode” decoder integrating a full-featured, 8 channel sound system, six lighting outputs and a 1.1A motor controller. While the LokSound Select only measures (0.67×2.72inch/17x69mm), due to its unique thermal design, it (like all genuine LokSound decoders) does not need any heat sinks.
Like the Original LokSound Select and the New LokSound Version 4.0, we offer a comprehensive range of new high-power speakers, rated at 4, 8, or 16 Ohms.
The LokSound Select can be used on conventional “analog” layouts and controlled with a DC power pack, but to benefit from all its features, we highly recommend DCC operation.
The LokSound Select follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices. It can be used with 14, 28 or 128 speed steps, supports two digit (7 bit addresses) as well as “4-digit” addressing. Up to 29 function keys are supported! The LokSound Select can change between DC and DCC operation at any time “on the fly”.
Of course, the LokSound Select supports all DCC-programming modes including Programming on the Main Track (“POM”). Because of its unique low-power design, the LokSound Select can be programmed on the programming track of all popular DCC systems. No programming track boosters or other circuitry will be needed.
The LokSound Select comes with a 32 MBit memory chip. The sounds stored therein are our own recordings which were made by using the latest recording equipment and have been digitally re-mastered for the best audio possible. The sounds are transferred to a class “D” audio amplifier via eight polyphonic sound channels. LokSound Select Direct decoders offer the following unique features:
- Multiple horns: Each LokSound Select offers many horns. By just changing one CV, you can select your favorite one. This allows an easier adjustment to your model.
- Playable horns: The LokSound Select supports a very fast responding whistle function. By just pressing your throttle‘s button, you can really blow the horn like the real engineer.
- 8 channel sound: The LokSound Select can playback up to 8 sounds at the same time. This will result in the most realistic experience available today.
- Synchronized brake squeal: The LokSound Select will synchronize the brake squeal sound with the real movement of the locomotive. No longer will stopped trains have the brake sound still on!
- Manual notching: The diesel speed steps can be either manually controlled by function keys or automatically based on the speed.
- Individual volume control: The volume of all sound effects can be adjusted individually.
Diesel decoders can produce over 20 sound effects, including the engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes, fans, brake squeals, coupling and uncoupling, detector sounds, rail clank and many more.
Customize your sounds
Unlike all other manufacturers, LokSound Select offers you two options to customize your engine. The most simple is by using one (!) CV. You can select the prime mover sound, the desired whistle or horn and the bell. Each LokSound Select offers various options on that (see table below).
However, if you are still unsatisfied with the result, you may at any time use the famous LokSound Programmer to download new sounds into the LokSound Select. We offer numerous “ready-made” sound packages for easy downloading.
If you would like a sound loaded to the decoder please select a sound from the ESU website and paste the number in customer comment.